Episode 4



Back then the city became suddenly smaller. In the space of days we became half the people as the desert took its water back, back to sand.
I was still a small woman then, before I had breasts; and my mother said I must be strong, she said I must learn to fly back to the stars.
These are the reasons that I am here.
These are not the reasons that the man is here, enthroned and worshipped by his children.
I have read his account, here on the walls and I will record my account on this machine that captures words. His words are the same words I have always known, same words, same alphabet but not always the same meaning.
This machine is the same machine that educated me back when the performance of my mother’s duties meant she could not always control what I did. My access to the knowledge within the Oracle’s machine was both my blessing and my downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment